- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, January 7

Squirrels and Vents




Do I love where I live? Yes I love it! Do I love all the creatures that live out here in the woods with me. Only if they stay outside!!!!!! I know that is a little conditional, but get real I live in a house not a tent.


Last night I came down stairs to write, I sat down, and started to think. All of the sudden a LOUD squealing sound and scratching sound came from the far corner of the room. You never saw someone move so fast. I called for Skip, twice. He came down and listened and listened, and just as he was about to wave me off, it happened again. You never saw someone move so fast!




Okay we were both nervous. Who wants to have a squirrel jump onto your face?{Skip has awful flash backs of the movie"Christmas Vacation"} Anyway, I thought it might be in the TV cabinet. I was not going to open it. That my friends is a man's job. Then it happened again. This time we figured it was in the duct work beneath the house and was trying to get through the heat vent.AUGHHHHH! Stay out of my house!





I have vivid memories of squirrels in the house when I was little. On one occasion a baby squirrel was in my bedroom and ran over my hand three times in the middle of the night. I finally woke up after the third time and realized something was in the room. I woke Maryann and sent her for dad while I guarded the entrance to our room. While Maryann was gone the squirrel showed himself. It was a tiny little rodent with Huge bulging eyes. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever. He was not getting out of my room. In the end my dad ushered it out through the back door. I know he was out to get me.




Today, after having the heat off all night, the handy man came, went under the house and made a lot of noise, Then he found a vent that had completely fallen off, was heating the whole crawl space and giving access to all creatures that want to be warm and cozy like me. The question of the 550 dollar electric bill is solved. Did you know this was a question? My question for you is what do you set your thermostat at in the winter.? Are you warm or do you throw on a sweater?


We do both!

1 comments:

Cristy said...

Oh man, I would have been scared it was a mouse. We had that happen last winter. I was so scared. It was in our bedroom closet.
We keep the heat between 70-74. Mostly it's 70 or 71 I mess with it more than Bryan though.

-
-
- -
- -
-