- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, February 6

Birth DAY!



I have to say that today was a pretty great day. I was up early to go to the Bishop Storehouse to help with stocking and orders. I am always amazed at how orderly everything is. There were about 15 people, all busy doing this and that never stopping to complain or drop the ball. It was just amazing. The shelves were stocked and the orders were pulled with barely a blip. I wanted to do this on my birthday. It was fun and left me feeling extremely happy. {Even though I did get lost on the way, had to stop at a random business, ask if I could please use their phone and finally find my way there only 50 min late. This tested my new laugh at life mantra.}

When I returned home I regrouped the troops, fed a very tired and crying Claire, put her down as fast as I could and listened to my emerging reader, Blake. He is so eager and wants no help!

My problem is this, I am falling asleep when Sam and Blake read to me.....no matter how hard I try,.. I start to dose. I know this is so not helpful and I am sure not teaching them anything, but what can I do? Anyone have any suggestions?



_________________________________________________



We had a great birthday celebration. I received a racquetball racquet, so it looks like I am in to a new sport. The cake was very yummy! In fact it was so big I think we will use it or what is left of it which is a lot, for Sam's birthday. I told this to Blake and he said," Sam's birthday is in three days? Sweet more cake!"

4 comments:

Marissa said...

happy birthday Mick! Glad that we get to celebrate together... only the coolest people are born on the 6th of Feb. :)

Cristy said...

Happy Birthday Laurene. Sorry I didn't call you but I'll call you this week to see how you are.
You looked thrilled to get a raquetball racket. I can see it on your face! ???? Was this something you asked for?

Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday was great! I didn't realize you are 3 years older than me. You are such a go-getter and the hardest working person I know. You probably don't sit down until reading time, so it's no wonder you fall asleep. Maybe stand up while they read? That's what I have to do. Sometimes I stand while watching movies.

Ashton said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! And... You got a racquetball racket?!?! Yea!! But, now, you JUST CAN'T MOVE from the wonderful, beautiful, perfect for the Ross', Virginia!
Racquetball anyone?!

-
-
- -
- -
-