- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, February 18

Good food and Good friends

Recipe club was last night and I was signed up to bring a main dish. I decided my Chicken Alfredo would be the best. It is highly satisfying and extremely healthy for you. Seriously....I throw in some mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions and asparagus and there you have it. The whole wheat noodles and veggie mix cancel out all the fat right? Right...

You need some chicken breast, olive oil, kosher salt, ground pepper, Herbs De Province, and balsamic vinegar. Heat up the oil and Vinegar. Season your chicken. Sear the chicken on both sides till it's nice and brown. Stick it in a 400 degree oven for about ten to fifteen minutes. Then let sit so the juices redistribute.


Next,the best part. The most satisfying part. The creamy part. You will need Heavy cream, Butter, Parmesan reggiono, cream cheese {just a little, you don't have to but why not?} and pepper to taste.

Heat the 2 cups of cream on medium to low heat with the sliced up butter,1/2 cup + two tbs . Once the butter is melted add 4 tbs of cream cheese. After this melts add a cup and a half to two cups of the grated cheese. Stir constantly until thick and bubbly.

Now for my favorite part the veggies. You can add whatever you like, but I like mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, shallots, garlic, and asparagus. Saute the shallots in the olive oil, once they are soft add the garlic and a minute later add the mushrooms. Cook these up for several minutes, then add the tomatoes. I like to add the asparagus last and let it steam. It goes from bright green to dark green fast so watch it... add what ever seasoning you like. Pepper, salt, Mrs. Dash, a splash of balsamic vinegar. I love this stuff!



Boil your noodles, mix in the sauce and top with veggies and chicken. YUM!

These are some of the great dishes we ate last night. Wish you were there.



This is my friend and gracious host Suzie, I love her she is awesome. She makes the most scrumptious punch. Rachel is helping herself to some delicious food. We do this every month and it is so much fun. Often the night doesn't end till one or two in the morning. We were home by mid-night last night, early...whew.


We always have a knowledge is power speaker and Pam did not disappoint. All I can say is M and K. Sorry you had to be there. Let's just say NFP is a very interesting subject. Nice toenails Moesha. Way to have a pedicure!


This is the group and there are many that didn't make it. I am so blessed to have these friends. I love the Gayton Ward and I love all these girls.





3 comments:

Emily said...

It was so fun that somehow we all ran out of steam earlier than usual. Sure hope you're here next month.
By the way - nice photoshop edit!

ShelleyG said...

Yummy! I wish I could have been there too! Does everyone bring a different part of the meal? What a fun activity!

Suzie Soda said...

What a great post. I just can't imagine recipe club without you. Besides...who would help me clean up the dishes like you do?You are so awesome..your mother taught you well. I pray Skip will get a job...I only wish it could be in Virginia.xoxoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-