- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, February 2

Super Bowl Monday?

I am not a big fan of TV on Sundays. We watch Firesides, Scripture movies, or Church DVDs. I think these bring the spirit into our home, but really are there other things we could be doing to keep the Sabbath Day holy? Probably. Yet I turn to these aids to keep the day reverent and the yahoos from tearing through the house. They seem to have more energy on Sunday afternoons than any other time.

I am not a fan of watching anything sports related on Sunday. We tell our kids we don't watch this or that on the Sabbath and then to turn around and say well we will make an exception for this football game or golf or tennis. This seems really lame to me. We only do this or that when it is convenient for us or when it suits our pleasure. I know most of you think, WHATEVER!!!

By no means am I perfect. I am sure someone can tell me about some General Authority that has a Super Bowl party every year, a big one. Well look, this is something I can stick to. I don't find it hard and there are plenty of other things I can work on,... so I might as well not watch. We can however record it and watch it on Monday....just as fun! The boys loved it and we didn't have to sit through the terrible commercials. We could fast forward to the real action and that is what we did.
There were two commercials that used 3-D glasses. Personally I found both these lame. The boys loved the effect. Why, I ask you, do you put some cartoon man scanning every part of his body including his bottom in a kids movie? Not funny, we will not be seeing that movie.

Jack loved that we watched it. He received this Steeler shirt as a gift two years ago and loved that #10 was the MVP. Of course Sam thought to wear it, got it out without asking, and mayhem ensued. Everyone had to have a turn to wear it. Still there were tears. What is FHE without tears?

2 comments:

Cristy said...

We were rooting for the Cards because we have soft hearts for Kurt Warner. He was with the Rams you know, and we love him as a person.
Looks like you had fun!

Emily said...

What a fun way to enjoy the big game! I know what you mean - we start off saying "no games on Sunday," but pretty soon we tack on an "except for...".
Recording it also sounds great for skipping the nauseating half time show.

-
-
- -
- -
-