- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, March 19

Claire!

Claire had her birthday this past week and I was just too tired to comment on anything. I am not real rested now, but I must say this sweet little bundle of girlishness has brought me so much joy.

She prances and dances every where and all the time. When I told everyone that we were going to have Claire open her presents on her birthday, she exclaimed as she clapped her hands together near her face," Oh My!.. YEA!.. I love you Mom!" As she gave me a big hug. So sweet. She also claimed to everyone from us early in the morning to the nursery leaders at church that she would not turn three until she blows out the candles on her cake. I found this pretty funny.

She received an ironing board and iron,{requested,...who do you think she sees ironing everyday?} Lego's in a pink box,{requested by her brothers...I wonder why?...} doctors kit{requested, she wanted a stethoscope} and pretend cleaning supplies{ thank you Beth}. The best present was actually from the dollar spot at Target. I gave her a pair of pink Strawberry Shortcake Flip Flops. She immediately put them on and walked around, pranced really on tip toes. As she walked she made this little high pitched squeak of glee," Eeek! They really do flip flop! ...Giggle Giggle...." She looks backwards down towards her flip flops and smiles from head to toe. She wears these from sun up to sun down...only a dollar for walking on air.



Click to see delicious cuteness!

It is amazing what one year between two and three can bring. No longer in a high chair, no longer in diapers, no longer in my bed {sort of}. She defiantly wants to do things all by herself and help me with everything. An airplane flight, experimenting with lipstick, and pony tails are all firsts.

She doesn't like milk, rice, any veggies, enchiladas, butter, basically any white food. She also dislikes it when you flush the toilet and not her, or to be alone. She doesn't like it when I leave to go anywhere and always asks me," Are you ever coming back?" Through dramatic tears.

She loves strawberries, ww bread with honey, tacos, apples, pizza and green smoothies. She also loves 'Blues Clues' with a passion and loves to put things away, not necessarily where they are supposed to go, just away in any random drawer, cupboard, or basket that is available.

I find things all the time in weird places. Luckily she remembers where she puts everything, which totally blows me away. She has put my keys away many times and after looking frantically for what seemed like hours I asked a playing Claire if she had seen Mommy's keys. She said yes and went right to them with a smile on her face like it was nothing. Crazy!




Everyday with Claire is like chocolate. Not a box of chocolate. Pure dark chocolate. Pure Joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are super cute pics...

Suzie Soda said...

She is downright adorable. How lucky to have such a sweet little girl...she will be you best friend for life.
Remmeber her now when her teenage years come..then she will be back to being sweet in a few years. xoxoxo

Emily said...

What a beautiful tribute to your little darling. I chuckled as I read it, thinking about how you said you had wanted another boy (for practical reasons). Aren't you glad you didn't get what you wanted!

-
-
- -
- -
-