- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, April 13

Sam and Jack


Sam has been sick for the past ten days. He has a double ear infection, which is extremely painful. The doctor said that he didn't need antibiotics, {we have gone into the doctor twice} so we have been giving him a lot of pain medication and ear drops{ which he hates}. The poor kid has been miserable. I think he is starting to feel better. He started eating again and was teasing his brothers. I think we are on our way out of this.


This sickness has caused concern to come from all his brothers and sisters. Jack has been a huge help. He told me a couple of nights ago that he thought if he could just be and act happy around Sam it might help Sam's mood. {Sam has been crying a ton...so much pain}.

Jack has helped with Claire and Blake. He has played games, read stories, and just anything and everything I have asked. The big plus is that he has done it with a smile. It is hard to be the oldest. I know something of this... It is hard to be the go to guy all the time.

He is reading a John Bytheway book and it is so fun to see him rise to the challenges that John asks in his book. I came downstairs the other morning and he was sweeping the porch...amazing! I just gave him a big hug. Thanks John!

I love seeing Jack change into a young man. We do get the eye rolls, deep sighs, and stomping up stairs, he is normal...but I know that he is really trying to be a help in our family.

1 comments:

Lewismom said...

Good for you Jack! Heavenly Father knows what he is doing when he sends a kid to be the first and oldest child.
That ear infection sounds TERRIBLE! Hope Sam is on the downside of it now. Hugs to all.

-
-
- -
- -
-