- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, May 8

Cinco de Mayo....Last Harrah!

A few of my friends and I got together to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and to have one last hurrah before I leave. We had a blast and I will miss them dearly.
The place we went to had live music and dancing, which you know I am always up to dance and so was Suzi. Suz is pure fun! We did the pseudo CHA CHA and clapped our hands while we danced around the restaurant. What a blast!
This is Lukers. Claire loves him and so do I. He was up for fun too, in fact I think fun is his middle name.
Isn't she cute? I know she will kill me, but too bad she is the women behind the fun. Don't you want to move to Seattle Suz. Sam asked me the other night," Do you think there will be a Suzi Romans in Seattle?" No sadly not....
At the end of the meal, before the dancing our server {who spoke very little English...thus a lot of the order was messed up} came around with a basket full of mints. Each one had a little white sticker on it. The sticker told you what your door prize was for the night. Some won just a free mint, but I won a LARGE sombrero...jealous? I know you are. Skip says we are not moving it. He doesn't want to pay to crate it up. It is huge!
These are the lovely ladies that touched my heart with many kind words. I have learned so much from them and am sad to leave the party....Sammy we missed you.

4 comments:

Emily said...

How fun!
I am so in denial. You are part of Virginia to me!
Can't wait for our last hurrah at recipe club! (Though it would be lovely if we had a little longer before it was time for that!)

Maryann said...

Good friends are a thing of beauty...

Suzie Soda said...

You are dead...but it is fun to see us all having fun. I hope you find friends as fun as us :) in Seattle.
I know we won't find another you. But maybe you can come visit us sometime......you can be some kind of dula or birth coach or something.Greg loves your sombrero. Happy Mother's Day......looking forward to your last recipe club tuesday...you are coming, right?

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

Where's Pam? OH... she's behind that LARGE SOMBRERO!!! We'll miss you, Laurene!!!

-
-
- -
- -
-