- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, July 2

Just a Few Words On a Few Things

Have you ever wished the word MINE did not exists?  Well I do. Maybe those of you that have children can relate, if not, well then....this must be....I don't know irritating!

 Several of my children feel like they must lay claim to everything from  old washed out milk cartons to a lego creations to a piece of yarn laying on the ground. One child in-particular could be playing happily minding his own business, look up, spies someone with something he wants and immediately" THAT'S MINE" comes spouting forth from his ever loving mouth. Then he rushes forward to get said thing and the shouting and arguing begin.
"That's mine"
"Well you weren't playing with it"
"So, I want it now"
"I am using it."
"Well you didn't ask.'
Most of the time the item is something that this kid has not even played with in forever. Can't we just all share PLEASE! People, I am begging you.

This is just an observation. We were at the pool. We were the only ones there and an older couple walks in with their two grand kids a little boy {about one} and a little girl {two and a half}. They take off the kids cover ups off to reveal their bathing suits. The little boy has on some long swim trunks with a swim shirt on. The little girl has the tiniest bikini on. The boy is almost completely covered and the poor girl might as well be naked. I see this constantly and it drives me crazy. Boys wear these long shorts and long tee shirts and girls have on the tiniest clothes. This is so wrong!

Maybe someone can help me with a child that needs power and tries to get it at every turn. "I want to be the first......" 'I want to push the button." I ask someone else to fetch something and he runs and gets it first. Thus starting a fight a long the lines of " She asked me!"

1 comments:

Billie said...

I get it Laurene! It's like I said the other day, "don't some things just drive you crazy?"! :) I enjoy your blogging! you have good insight. I hope you are enjoying your new home.

-
-
- -
- -
-