- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, July 1

The Pack

This week we have been getting Jack ready for Scout Camp. Whoo Hooo! A week free of Mom telling him to brush his teeth, take a shower, because well, you need it, pick up your stuff, and make your bed. Do you think he will miss us? I hope in some small way, but I also hope that he will be so busy he will just be having loads of fun.
We bought him this nifty pack and he was busy last night stuffing it {not really packing} with all his supplies. There are all these straps everywhere and lucky for me he can read directions and actually get it. He really did not want very much help, so I backed off.
Skip arrived home just in time to give jack a few pointers.
I think he has it all figured out. Only the hike out to the camp will be the real test. Will his back break? I hope not. Will he be exhausted when he comes home? I hope so!

I also hope all the things I have taught him about being helpful, respectful, and thinking of others show through in all the things he does and says. you teach them then you throw them to the wolves....well in this case a bunch of Scouts and leaders that I don't really know at all. We have traded e-mail and I have shaken their hands at church, like twice and that is it! I 'm beginning to get  a little worried .....no not that...maybe just anxious. Normal, right?

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-