- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, July 14

Primary

I got a call a few weeks back from the executive secretary in our new ward. We are not even living in the Ward boundaries yet, so I figured I was pretty safe....you know what I mean. Anyway, he called to find out if we had a move in date, our old Ward's name, the Bishop's name and his phone number. That last one got me to thinking. I figured it must be something for Skip. I was wrong.

On the fourth, the call came from the Bishopric and they wanted to meet with me. I said, " Great, when?"I met with them the next day. After making sure we were for sure moving into the ward, I was extended a call to serve in the Primary Presidency.

I can tell you I was a little surprised. I really hadn't met a whole bunch of people yet and when I asked the name of the president, he told me. I had no idea who she was. I couldn't even pick her out in a line up. As I stood in church on Sunday to sustained, I looked around to see who I would be serving with. I smiled at each not knowing who they were or what I was in for.

We met in Primary and exchanged hellos. They seemed nice. I was subbing for Blakes class and ended up with two other classes to boot, so I really didn't have time to talk. We had an appointment after church and Jack's scout camp was heavy on my mind. I didn't really get to talk after church either. I was told we would be set apart on the next Sunday. I would have to wait to find out.

All week long I wondered how the next Sunday would play out. I got a call on Saturday asking if I would conduct Primary on Sunday. " Of course, not a problem." I said. I was a little intimidated since I really knew none of the children and didn't know how Primary had been handled in the past. I didn't want to step on anyones toes.

Sunday came. After Sacrament I rushed Claire to the bathroom and then to nursery. We have been staying with her for a few minutes every time because everything is so new. Sorry Claire, you are on your own I have to get to Primary. I did feel a little sad, because she looked a little sad.

I got up in front of the kids to start and I was bowled over with the Spirit. Every time I went to speak I got all choked up. This was just the welcoming part. I couldn't get past it. when the Pres did sharing time she too got all choked up. These kids must think we are a bunch of ninnies.

After Primary our family went into the Bishops office to witness the setting apart of our presidency. I must say that having the mantle of your calling being pronounced on you by someone with the proper authority is very moving.

I testify that callings do truly come from the Lord. The president didn't know me, but after fervent prayer I was the one who she felt would work out in this calling. The counselor in the Bishopric didn't know me, but the blessing he conferred upon me was exactly what I needed in my life. It was truly amazing and defiantly from the Spirit.  The blessings of the other women were also quite powerful. The Lord knows us, he knows what we need and where we need to be.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I felt the spirit strongly in opening exercises, too. For those first few minutes, it was much more reverent that it usually is. I'm really excited to get to know you better and be part of a presidency again.

Suzie Soda said...

I got choked up reading this. That is so awesome that you have a calling already. You will be so great in the primary......perfect for a home schooling mom. There are not a lot of extra meetings which is good, But all your "mom" experience will be so beneficial. I love that you were called by the spirit. One of the girls I will get to see when I go speak at this youth conference was called the same way. I asked for her to be my counselor and I had never even met her. I was told about her, prayed about it and was sure she was the one. It turned out great and we have been friends for over 20 years. I know you will be great and make some new friends. Holly Ford was visiting at our ward on Sunday. xoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-