- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, August 17

Blending Produce and the Princess Monster

I am so happy with my recent investment, that I could melt!! A Blendtec high speed blender and boy does this puppy have the power. At 1500 watts it will blend anything. I love that now I can throw in a quarter of a lemon, skin and all, organic of course, and it just blends it right into our smoothies. YUM! So far Smoothies, Cashew ice cream, Dark Chocolate of course, hummus and delicious red sauce.{the blenders friction even heats it up for you.}



________________________________________________________________





Claire and I went to the Farmers Market on Saturday morning. We bought some wonderful greens to go in our green smoothies. Rainbow Chard, Beet Tops with the beets attached, and Kale. We also picked up a perennial broccoli starter to go with our Rainbow Chard starters that we are planting in our winter garden. Soon we will have our own fresh greens I can't wait!



They have live music at the Market and Claire loved that. One thing that she was not a fan of were the many dogs, some really big dogs too. She almost biffed it twice when she was trying to go one way and I was headed the other way. I did not see the enormous dog, sitting on it's haunches and it came up above my waist. Claire was a bit terrified to say the least. She did like the cute little dogs that were there, from a far of course.




We headed over to the Youth Market to see if we could pick something up for Claire. We found these charms that you attach to your zipper. Claire studied them for a while. She decided on a dragonfly with a blue hook. Very cute!


_____________________________________________





Here is my cute girl in all her scrumptious glory. The problem is I have told her how cute she is only about a million times. She now stands before the mirror and tells herself and I quote from this morning as we are getting ready for church," Oh..... I look spectacular! Don't I look beautiful mom."

So this big headed little bite size peach is becoming quite self enamored. I told her to think those things in her mind, but not to say them out loud. It is okay for someone else to tell her and then you just say "Thank You." She thinks for a minute and then she says with a huge smile and all the sweetness she can muster { Which is a lot!}," Mom you look wonderful." She pauses.... wait for it... Then she cocks her head and says it again, but this time not so sweet and with a determined look on her face," Mom you look wonderful." " Thank you." I say thinking this is the response she is looking for. She just keeps looking at me. Then she leans in and says quietly," Now you say Claire you look gorgeous."..... I am creating or I have already created a princess monster! Any ideas?

2 comments:

Maryann said...

People told Riley and Mackenzie all the time that they were so cute. We finally had to start telling them that it was more important to be smart then beautiful. Because Smarts=Beauty. I don't know if that is the right answer, but when so many people are telling you each day that you are so cute, beautiful, or amazing you need to counteract it in some way.

Suzie Soda said...

So funny. She is the baby an the only girl like me.
She will be fine.....in a few years when she says it, someone will put her in her place and that will be that. or she just might figure it out herself. Build her self-esteem while you can.....she will find out soon enough about all the girl insecurties. Just tell it is not nice to brag,,,even if it is true. And try " it is nice to be beautiful, but more inportant to be nice". I am sure the boys will bring her down a peg or 2...my brothers did me. She is adorble and so self assured. I love that.
I miss seeing her grow up. Rocky hugs me now and says "I love you grandma so much" is his sweet little voice...melts my heart. Miss you. xoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-