- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, August 17

I am not a FAN!

I woke up Sunday morning to a huge spider parked above my fridge. I tried to be cool and collected so as not to freak out my kids. They told me to go get Skip. He dislikes spiders as much as me and it should not be assumed that just because you are the man of the house, it does not always mean that you want to save your family from spiders. Sadly, I was the only one for the job.

I was going to smash it, but I wanted to find out what species it was. { The jury is still out.} I obtained a jar from the pantry. Then with great trepidation set out to catch the spider. It's legs were very long. I was worried that it might be some sort of jumping spider. With all eyes on me I SLAMMED THE JAR ONTO THE WALL, TRAPPED IT! In the process I cut off one of it's legs with the lip of the jar. My boys cheered.

We then examined it and searched like crazy on the Internet. We still can't figure out what it is.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

It sure is ugly, whatever species it is! I don't know if I've seen one like that before...

Brooke said...

We've often got those spiders at our house. I've always heard them called "tree spiders," but I don't know if that's accurate.

You're much braver than I am. I would have grabbed the heaviest, thickest-soled boot that I could find and WHAMMED the life out of it. With my eyes closed, 'cuz smashing spiders totally grosses me out.

Kate said...

Shane is terrified of spiders. Me.....mice, rats etc. I don't mind them really. Wait for the REALLY large ones!!

-
-
- -
- -
-