- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, August 7

Cherry Cookie Crunch!

Blake is loving the fresh Washington cherries that we have been getting. He claims to have the world record of cleanest pit. He works on each pit until it is as clean as a whistle. He enjoys them raw or in some homemade Jumble Berry Cobbler.
Claire and I also whipped up some cookies today with coconut oil and date paste. Pretty tasty I must say. It was a variation on my Breakfast Cookies . I substituted the coconut oil for the olive oil and about 1/4 cup date paste for 1/4 cup brown sugar. I am trying to cut back on the sugar. I also omitted the pumpkin and added a cup of applesauce.


The kids ate them up. Even a friend of Blake's that we had over liked them and asked for more.

I know the sugar on the top??? I am trying to figure out a way to get that crusty sweet top with out the dreaded white sugar. Any ideas?

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-