- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, September 10

Cooking With Jack


Okay this stuff is yummy...if you like bananas. ( Sorry Maryann, but Mackenzie may enjoy this! and she would have fun making it too.)


First, you break up some ripe bananas and freeze them until good and frozen.
Second, take them out and drop them into the food processor. We have 1-3 cup wimpy one, but it worked. We had to do it in small batches.



Third, you blend with the S-blade (only blade we have) stopping to scrape down the sides to make sure well blended (or to give the motor a rest, because you are starting to detect a burning smell)

It should resemble a soft serve ice cream, light and fluffy.


You might have to blend for about five minutes.



Top with chocolate syrup. We made ours from agave nectar and raw chocolate powder.



Jack felt it needed more chocolate and who am I to argue. He added some of the chocolate powder to the next batch. He added it to taste. It was tasty! I have no pics of us eating it, but believe me it was delish!


Next we made guacamole. Jack smashed, salted, and squished lemon in it until it was melt in your mouth  marvelous. Grab a chip and dig in!.

We are working on cooking this year in school, mostly to go with the different countries we will be studying. I also want to teach about plant based diets and how we can eat good food without eating junk. Jack is constantly asking what is there to eat, so we can add these to our snack list!


__________________________________________________

Finally, after many attempts to make bread here in WA my bread came out great. Seriously, I was about to give up. This is like the ninth batch....whew...now only if I could figure out what I did differently.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Um, I want to be in your class. Yummy. Go Jack (and Mom)!

And I loved the commentary about the food processor....

Suzie Soda said...

I want some guacamole right now...can you come over? I will get the chips. xoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-