- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, October 3

Taking A Step Back

"The pool person...I don't know what her title is.....maybe " Pool Person In Charge of Making Mom's feel Like Idiots" She says to me in too sweet of voice," We like to let the little ones get used to the environment. It is a good idea if you just let her sit on the side and I will talk to her. Why don't you take a seat.....somewhere in the next Building".....Okay, she didn't say that, but I know that is what she was thinking....The Pool Girl was like.... five or nineteen or something. This is my fourth kid you know. How many do you have?"

After listening to conference today I feel extremely humbled and sufficiently chastised. The last talk by President Uchtdorf pretty much cemented my personal call to repentance. His talk was on love the greatest commandment. As I read my previous post I am very aware that I am showing complete lack of love toward this "Pool Girl" and probably toward Claire too.

In fact if I go back to several of the talks that were given this morning I am struck at the theme that runs through them, Love. Listening to President Bednar giving his three suggestions to strengthen our relationships {express love and show it often, bear Testimony to your loved ones and live it, often, and be consistent} I thought of how this whole ordeal might not have occurred at the pool.

I have been so rushed lately. Having Jack taking outside classes from our families studies has really thrown me off. I have been remiss in my personal scripture study and personal prayer. Our Family scripture study is quick and a kin to something to be checked off a list. Needless to say my testimony of a living Christ is not being born. All aspects of my teaching need more consistency and thoughtful prayer.

Basically, I could have avoided the whole situation had the Spirit been able to be with me. Perhaps it was there and I was not in a place to be able to hear it. Before this incident I was rushing to my Latin class with Claire and banged her head with the door. { She cried, but was okay.} I was rushing to get Sam and Blake to their Art and Spanish Classes and forgot their snacks, which I had to run home to get. We were late. {Be still and know that I am}

I am being consistent. Consistently late, Constantly rushed and Consistently impatient. I don't think this is what he meant by consistent. As I lose my Patience I continually break the first and second commandments. LOVE THE LORD AND LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. "Chocolate chips" I have a lot of work to do.

I love Conference. It truly is designed to bring us back to the iron rod after swimming in the mist and murky waters.


2 comments:

Emily said...

Awww. Thanks for sharing what you learned today. Conference is such a great indicator of what we need to refocus on. Don't be too hard on yourself, though!

Keryn said...

I so know what you mean, Laurene. Sometimes I just have to stop rushing and say, "What's the worst that will happen if we are late?" Usually the answer really isn't that bad.

I don't always remember to do this, though. I made Zee cry on the way to school one day because I wanted him to MOVE FASTER. Yikes.

Time to "Be still". Thanks for the reminder.

-
-
- -
- -
-