- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, October 3

How many do you have?

I am sitting here eating some caramelized onions and carrots over red lentils. I seasoned them with a little bit of everything, because I knew I was the only one that would eat it. I added some fresh rosemary and a little curry. It taste okay. The rosemary is a pain. I am picking it out of every spoonful, as it keeps scratching the roof of my mouth. ( note to self, CHEESE CLOTH ) In front of me is also a box of Honey Nut Chex that I am using as a chaser. I know your are jealous that I am eating such scrumptious food. There are some oranges here also and I think one of those is in line for a quick peel.


The sorry news is that the missionaries came to my house while I was gone taking Jack to trumpet lessons. The boys and Claire talked to them through a closed door. They were here for a meal that I signed up to feed them, but since I am so brilliant and signed them up when I wouldn't even be here...what are you gonna do. (note to self, GET A CALENDAR YOU CHEESE BALL)


Not a lot of news here. We have school. We have music lessons. We have swimming lessons. We have Claire that screams bloody murder every time we go to swimming lessons....why do I even try????? The people at the pool think I am the meanest mom. I dropped her "literally" in the pool with her teacher (which is a guy, that has a big tattoo on his chest) the first day and she screamed like a banshee. Everyone looked over at us.... I saw them, because I looked up to see if they were looking, they were. The pool person...I don't know what her title is.....maybe " Pool Person In Charge of Making Mom's feel Like Idiots" She says to me in too sweet of voice," We like to let the little ones get used to the environment. It is a good idea if you just let her sit on the side and I will talk to her. Why don't you take a seat.....somewhere in the next Building".....Okay, she didn't say that, but I know that is what she was thinking....The Pool Girl was like.... five or nineteen or something. This is my fourth kid you know. How many do you have?


Here is one of my minuscule problems. As problems go it may seem very inconsequential. You see I am trying to reuse my shopping bags. In fact I have purchased some green shopping bags. I go grocery shopping and I carry my bags in like the dutiful and aware greeny that I am...lol....this is all well and good, but the problem is in my bathrooms. I was using all those plastic bags to line my trash cans in the bathrooms and bedrooms for that matter. Now what am I going to do? I am down to like five bags left. I can't stand unlined trash cans. Ask my kids, if I see some tissue in an unlined trash can, it pretty much pushes me through the roof...I am a little unstable...Mommy Dearest.... I know this.Still we are coming down to the wire on this. Do I go and purchase the nice bags they make for the little trash cans? That seems to defeat the whole green sustainable living thing. Really this is a small issue..aren't they all? Okay, I know war, poverty, hunger...yes, yes, yes..I am just trying to do my little part to help the world and it all starts in my bathroom....what do I do?

I just needed a little venting.....really, I am pretty nice when my trash cans are lined and swimming lessons go swimmingly:)

4 comments:

Billie said...

don't buy the little liners... they rip and then you have to use two every time. trust me because I know from experience.
Now when I go to the store and they say paper or plastic I say, "which one is better?" no one seems to know.
I have some green bags, I've only used them once because I like lined trash cans too...
it's a tough world out there Laurene. good luck!

Emily said...

I just smiled and nodded through this post. Smiled and nodded. I buy liners becasue I can't stand to not have the liners fit properly. Here is my suggestion for you: every once and a while, don't take your green bags and get plastic shopping bags. Or get a couple each trip. Just what you need.

There are my genius thoughts. Now I must work on solving world hunger. :-) lol

Good luck with swimming lessons!

Brossettelewis said...

I had the same issue with trash liners. I reuse the bags I have until they need to be changed. Dump the contents into the big bag. As long as it comes out clean, reuse it. I'm still running out, but more slowly. Produce bags work nice too and somehow I feel less guilty using them {because they held something completely unprocessed...welcome to my crazy thought process}... now back to worrying about fetuses. :P

KaLisi Trentadue said...

moderation in all things.... by this I mean, moderation even in trying to reduce, reuse, recycle. Spend your time and thoughts and efforts doing something that is really going to help your eternal salvation.... do what you can to help the earth... be mindful... but then don't worry about it!
that advice will cost you $500! hahaha!

-
-
- -
- -
-