- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, November 6

You have got to be kidding!

This past week, after trying my hardest for three months I was busted by the recycling police.Seriously, I try so hard..... I thought I was anyway. No plastic motor oil containers I get, no aerosol cans I get and no batteries understandable. No pizza boxes? No plastic bags? I watched a Documentary on how tons of extremely poor Indians, in India, scour trash dumps for plastic bags to recycle. They get paid by the bag, yet we don't recycle them? You have got to be kidding me!

They did not take my can of recycling, which was huge, so I have to go through it. I don't think I will be separating it out. I know crime beyond belief. It is on it's way to a land fill. { I read an article recently where these people think we should start fining those that don't recycle, like they have nothing else to do than police the general public. } I have a few things I need to do each day. I know many do, but they make it a priority to recycle. Please don't fine me. Please don't go through my trash. I will pledge to follow the recycle plan and do my best. Sometimes I won't be perfect, but hey isn't it the thought that counts?

_____________________________________________________

On to a more pressing matter. Isn't this a cute picture?

I thought it was kind of scary. I said, " Claire what is that? Is that a scary person?" She replied with a smile," No Mom it is you." " Really? well what are all those red dots on my face." She says again," That's your face. It has all those red things on it." "What red things." Say I. { I'm thinking I have no break out right now. My skin is pretty clear.} She says," You know all those red things they are all over your face." Then I begin to think and Sam chimes in," Your pores Mom. You know those holes all over your...." " Yes, thank you Sam I know what they are."
Are they really that big? Do I need some serious glasses? I was just thinking my skin was looking pretty good. Leave it to a 3 and 9 year old to give you the skinny on your old tired face!

__________________________________________________________

One last thing
Computer games are not really exciting to little girls. They bore her to death...or to sleep......


5 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I think your skin looks so great..are you kidding? You are so religious about taking care of it. But sorry to say... it is all down hill from here. Things start showing up in random places....just to trick you in your old age. While everything else is sagging.
What a vision , huh?

Jenny said...

It took me a while to get used to the recycling commandments, too. I'm very careful to rinse out everything since I heard that they'll just throw out your whole load if food-stuff is clinging to your containers! It's a pain, but it was worse when we had the three separate (very small!) bins. At least now we can throw it all into one big bin with wheels. You can take plastic bags to Safeway. They have a bin outside (or just inside the door).

Jenny said...

Oh, and I loved Claire's picture! That's so funny about your pores. Takes a kid, huh? If it makes you feel any better, I've never noticed if you have big pores. :-)

Laurene Ross said...

Jenny- Thanks for the recycling support. I want to do it, I just have to figure it all out and how to not make my kitchen look like a trashdump. Safeway here I come with the plastic bags.

Thanks for not noticing my huge red pores, I am really working on that problem. After forty it is all down hill I guess, although I am fighting it tooth and nail and with a little night cream:)

Brossettelewis said...

I don't remember all those red things. Claire (for once) is wrong :). As for the recycling, you show them! If they denied it, does that mean they looked in and decided they were to good for your recyclables? Craziness.

-
-
- -
- -
-