- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, November 1

Halloween!

Finally some candles in the pumpkins. We had a very fun Halloween day. Our neighborhood had a fun block party. We were able to meet some of our neighbors we didn't know and had a Jack-O-Lantern contest. Each kid in the neighbor hood won a prize. Claire won the Happiest pumpkin, Sam the Most Creative, and Jack and Blake won The Most Star Warsiest....not sure if that is really a word.

I am not a planner when it comes to Halloween, so we start our costumes on the day before. I think it all turned out great. Claire was a 'Princess' no surprise. Blake was 'Link' from the game Zelda. Sam ended up as ' A Greek philosopher'. His original plan was to be a missionary, but once he was dressed it didn't seem quite right, plus no companion. Grandpa Ross sent his name tag and Sam was so excited to get it....I'm not sure what happened, but I wanted to have happy campers when we went out, so we changed him. Jack was weirdo guy with cool mullet or ' Scot Farkus' for those " Christmas Story" Fans.
Claire was so excited about the whole thing she about peed her pants. I wish you could have seen her.
Jack and Sam helped Blake make his 'Highland Shield.' I love it when they work together so well. This could be where Sam's idea of what he wanted to be for Halloween changed.

Blake did not want to carry his pumpkin, because it really didn't go with the outfit. True, I mean when you have a sword to wield you can't be bothered with plastic pumpkins.
We live on an Island as you know. This Island is very close knit. Almost everyone knows someone you know. A tradition here is to close the whole downtown and the businesses offer trick-or-treating.
It was super fun. Wow, what a lot of people. We saw many families we knew. The kids made out like bandits. The feeling was like something out of a Disney movie.
Look at this Eye vid that Skip set up. All the trick or treaters loved it. It was a huge hit. The eye moved all around like it was watching your every move. Spooky!
I was not to keen about it. In fact Skip has been badgering me for three weeks and I have said no. Last night he said one last time, " Don't you want a really cool eyeball in our window." I was worn down, and there it is. It scared the heck out of Claire and it was in her window. I think it turned out.....Great! There was another vid that was more like a scene of Halloween gruesome things and I am not a fan. We showed that one once or twice, but then stopped and stuck with the eye per my request.
Trading candy is a tradition that can't be skipped. This year Claire held court. All the boys were at her command. She is no spring chicken.
So this shows a little of what it was Like downtown. Pretty fun!

2 comments:

Maryann said...

"I want that"
Our house wasn't scary at all....My fog machine was broken...So I didn't get out my strobe light or sound effect machine. Mackenzie said our house was lame with only our eyeball and spider lights. Our house could have used that eye. I wanted to scare little girls in princess costumes from our ward again with a scary house. From Mackenzie and Maryann

Keryn said...

Sweet costumes! Looks like you all had a great time.

-
-
- -
- -
-