- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, December 23

The Nativity aand a tale of three Mary's

We had our annual Christmas Nativity for FHE. A big thank you to Katie. Without her I would have no pictures. This year we took a couple pages from my sister-in-law's Nativity script. Well really we took a whole bunch and then I added some to it. I hope you don't mind Michelle. My kids wanted Samuel's story in there too.
We invited four families and packed them in to our small living room like sardines. It was tight but cozy. The more the merrier I say.

We had the Shepherds.
I love this picture. This little guy was happy to hide out under his mother's chair for the duration.
We had two narrators....I kind of added a little more there too.
We had Mary....who has been dying for us to have this play for weeks. We had a dress rehearsal with just our family Sunday night, because she couldn't stand waiting.
We had the wicked Nephites.
We had the Wise-men.
And then we had three adorable Mary's.
They sat and watched over the Baby Jesus that was adorned in pink. Apparently the Wise men brought some fine twined linen...in pink!
I love Christmas! I love that my kids were so excited for this night. It is all they have talked about for the past week, planning costumes, which parts they wanted to play and where the stable should be.


I love that I grew up with so many fun family traditions like this one. Ever since I was a little girl our house was full of friends that we shared all of these traditions with.

We had our 8th annual Gingerbread house making night and soon we will be caroling bearing treats of fresh bread. Thank you Mom for making sure these things happened. My life is so full and I am so blessed.

I also think that it is so awesome to know that while my family was acting this out with friends, this same activity was going on in homes of my family and friends on this same night. That just fills my soul with light!

3 comments:

ShelleyG said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am glad you got some use out of my Nativity script. It makes me happy. :) I hope you guys are having a great Holiday-I love the 3 Marys. :)

Suzie Soda said...

I loved that I came to your house 2 years in a row for this nativity tradition. Sad I wasn't there this year. xoxoxo

George and Eva Ross said...

Awesome! Traditions are important. Great idea using 3 Mary's.

-
-
- -
- -
-