- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, January 21

So far this week....

Christmas is down...I know...Shocker! I was pushed to get it done, so that I could have my third attempt at Recipe Club. What do you know the third time is a charm. We had eleven awesome ladies. We had yummy food and great conversation. I was thrilled. My pictures didn't do it justice.
Sweeping the floor is for fools.
Self defense is much more fun.
Claire does not mess around
She is one tough cookie.
Where she learns these moves and how to hold her hands.....brothers are great!
Blake be careful what you teach her. It may come back to haunt you.
Claire's Questions of the week:

-In response to Martin Luther King conversation," Mom, Are we black or white?"
-Driving home from the pool in our bathing suits," Is this legal? Can we get arrested for driving around in our bathing suits."
-I have no idea where this comes from," Mom why aren't babies baptized?"
-"Why did they name "Winnie-the-Pooh that", don't they know, it is so yucky? I don't like Winnie-the Pooh."

Sam taught his Bear den how to do string tricks for Cubs tonight. I was so proud of him. He came to me about two weeks ago and told me he needed to teach his den something for a requirement and that he wanted to teach them string tricks....I was busy, but said, "Great." He took it on himself and set the whole thing up with his Scout leader at the next den meeting. He planned it all out; made strings for each of the boys, gave them a hand out and was ready to teach.

It didn't really go how he planned, but when does it ever as a teacher. He said," I think it was okay, but I didn't have the time I needed and some of the guys, I had to spend a lot of time with, so that really messed things up." He was happy that he was able to do it and will get to present it at pack meeting next week.

I love that as a nine year old he gets the opportunity to teach a group of peers, understand what it means to teach and learn you have to roll with the punches when teaching. FHE has really helped with this. The gospel is so awesome. The Church organization is so awesome.

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-