- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, February 2

Black History Month!

"It feels like spring time on this February morning, in the court yard birds were singing your praise." It is a beautiful day today! The daffodils are up and I think it may hit 55, yes!

We are celebrating Black History Month and I thought I would share a few of the books that we are starting out with. Henrys Freedom Box, Ellen Levine

Most Loved in the World, Tonya Cherie Hegamin

Moses, Carole Boston Weatherford
We are starting off with some early hero's and then moving forward in time as we progress through the month. The conversation yesterday was very interesting and quite tender. I am always amazed at what kids can understand and how much compassion they have.

Claire was ultra sensitive to the stories. She understood the words as I read them off the page, without any explaining. Her response was, " They should pray. God will help them."
We started on a unity wreath. Of course the ALS I love you symbol could not be left off. Sam's idea.

Busy hands in more ways than one:)


0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-