- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, February 5

Detective Wiley Jones at your service!

Sam was in his first play tonight, "The Case of the Missing Ring" it was so fun! Sam played one of ten Detectives in the play and had a blast. His personality really shined through. He had a number of lines, but the best was watching him as he meandered through the play holding this magnifying glass up to everything and everybody, not saying a word, just nodding and smiling. He told me later that this was his idea to throw the audience off the trail of "Who Done It." So thoughtful this one!

The kids loved it. We came home and were trying to get them to bed. Claire is running around trying to hide from us, pretending to have a magnify glass in her hand, crying every time we address her, telling us," You not supposed to see me...wha wha, wha..." Blake is saying over and over," remember when they said ".........."...ha!ha!ha!" Busting a gut after every repeated line. {Try getting a seven year old to get into his PJ's, brush his teeth, and get into bed while he is busting a gut. This is no easy task and I did not yell. Try leaving the dark room as he says, "Mom, one more...remember when so and so said.....GO TO SLEEP BLAKE. said firmly.} Sam is on a blissful high.....while Jack is mucking it up with Blake and trying to figure out if he still has time to read.
So the bummer thing was that I brought my camera. Skip took loads of pictures. Towards the end of the show he asks me," Is there an SD card in this camera?" Dang! I forgot to put it back in the camera, so I took these with my phone after the play.


Update on Blake........

Test came back great. He does, however, have a bacteria in his gut that he has probably been carrying around since he was a toddler. This bacteria when not treated can cause stomach problems and ulcers. So I think we might have a handle on this...fingers crossed:)

4 comments:

ShelleyG said...

Go Sam! I have great memories of community theater when we lived in Prescott. I thought it was so fun! I am glad Sam got to be a part of that. I'll keep my fingers crossed too! :)

Jenny said...

How fun! Jillian went to the play to see Chloe and she really enjoyed it, too.

Brossettelewis said...

How fun for Sam...but definitely not for Blake, poor little man.

Kim Hannay said...

Great costume!

-
-
- -
- -
-