- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, February 23

In between Awake and Asleep

Sam and I had a good talk Sunday about feeling the spirit in primary. Jack was of course documenting for posterity. Do I really use my hands this much when I talk?
It was gorgeous outside. The sun coming through the window was getting me a little drowsy and this is when things get little dicey. You see, I tend to talk nonsense when I am just about asleep, especially if my kids are in the room. I was really trying to stay awake.
....And no I was not picking my nose....ewww. I was trying to act very interested in what Sam has to say. I mean it was interesting.....I just couldn't hold it together.
This is in mid sentence....Jack thinks he is so funny. I dose off and then I say out of the blue...." "Sam eat with your fork." I kind of realize I have said something not quite right, I mean there is no food anywhere. I open my eyes and act all.....I'm awake...what? what? I ask Sam about his primary class lesson.
Sam tells me I already asked about that....he is not buying it. Then I listen to him for a few more minutes and I just can't keep my eyes open. I slowly drift away. Then out of my mouth comes, "Claire, go get the spray bottle." { Claire is not even in the room} and this has nothing to do with Testimony or the Spirit we felt in Primary.
Sam and Jack are busting up........I have given in and I could care less at this point about shouting out random things and my boys laughing at me. This happens all the time. They have some pretty good one liners I have said between sleep and awake.

Here is my photographer. He is taking a lot of random pictures after he is through toying with me.
I looked at this and thought, " That is nice a picture of Christ."...... but then I looked at the books beside him and thought,"Something is wrong here. I put these pics up all over the house at eye level. I never really look to see what is beside them. I just want the kids to have reminders daily, but maybe I should move Him somewhere else. What do you think?

1 comments:

Kate said...

I am the EXACT same way!!! My kids think it's pretty funny too. It's funny when you wake slightly, but still feel disoriented and go over what you know you just said. It takes a few moments before you realize it made no sense. Hard to explain, but I know right where your at!

-
-
- -
- -
-