- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, March 31

.....I'm Sad......and Hopeful

I took the 6:20am ferry over this morning to go to the Temple. I checked my FB account and found out a dear friend had passed away in the night. Her teenage daughter had posted a sad good-bye and my heart broke for her.
I called my friend Suz and we cried......not for her, because we know she is safe and in loving hands, surrounded by family and friends. We cried for her husband and children and friends...and us.
Then I went to the House of the Lord. I was quiet, prayerful, sad, and hopeful. I fought back the tears and prayed for the loving husband, the faithful son on a mission, the teenage son and daughter, the little angel ten year old daughter......I cried some more.

We never know what will happen from one day to the next. Yes, we can plan and yes, we must plan, but we must also remember life is short. We must make time to love and serve and love some more....... and tell those we love that we love them....a lot.

A hole in the fabric that is my life can be mended through time, but her mark will stay forever and I want it to. Some people stick inside you.

I am glad for a ward of Saints that serve unceasingly. I wish I could be there, but my prayers will have to do........man she was awesome.

5 comments:

Kate said...

How did she pass away? My thoughts are with you and this womans family that I do not know. xo

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful, touching post. Perfectly fitted for her. You have a way with words. I haven't been able to come up with the right words yet but at least we can take comfort in knowing she is truly in a better place and we will see her again.

Emily said...

What a beautiful perspective on such a heartbreaking event. She has left such an amazing legacy, from her kids to everyone she met.

Shanna Trentadue said...

Laurene. Thanks for posting this. You said it perfectly. She touched so many lives and was such a wonderful person. My heart aches for her precious family. She will truely be missed by so many.

Suzie Soda said...

This was a sweet post. I will send you my thoughts on Samantha. We are doing a memory book for her. I will call you after the funeral and tell you about it all.
Thanks for calling me and offering support. I can feel your love from far away. Wish you were here too. xoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-