- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, December 22

Christmas Nativity 2010

Every year we have our Christmas Nativity night. This year was no different. It is always so interesting to me how excited the kids are about acting out this story. They really think out the costumes and where we will be staging it. Last year Blake really wanted to be a Shepherd. This year he wanted to be The Donkey that Mary rides on and a Wise man. I told him that I wasn't sure about The Donkey. What if someone played Mary that was too big to sit on him. Claire assured me that would not be the case...uh humm.
We invite different families over every year and have loads of fun. I thought I was totally prepared this year. I had saved the scripts from last year and had them in a neat little stack. I asked Skip to make sure they were ready to hand out about ten minutes before everyone was to arrive. They were a wee bit out of order. When the guests arrive we were not ready. I was somewhat flustered, but we began anyway.

As we started into the beginning of the story Claire starts to whisper something loudly to me. I try to ignore her. She will not relent....ever....about anything.....anyway, she says where is the manger and can she go and get it....yes, yes...she comes back..... again with the whispering....where is the Baby Jesus... yes, yes go and get it....she is all excited and smiling feeling very important.......she comes back, looks down at the doll....what about swaddling clothes and a blanket.....She says,"Don't worry I got it." With a big thumbs up, she runs up the stairs. The girl is all over this thing. I guess if you are Mary, you better have all the right props.
It was a fun night and we were so blessed to have friends to share our Christmas traditions with. I love seeing the look in the adults eyes and teenagers eyes when I say," You look like a good Shepherd."

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-