- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, December 20

Jack's 14th Surprise!

Jack turned 14 on Sunday. I can't believe it.....well I can, but really it is so unfair how fast time flys. He wanted a party and this was his year for a friend party. We tried to plan something for Saturday night, but many people were busy. Jack was bummed. He said he wanted to do it any way. I had another thought. What if more kids could come on Saturday? What if we surprised Jack? Could I pull it off? I didn't tell any of our kids. I was praying that all the kids would just play along with whatever Jack said and play it cool......they did.


I enlisted the help of two neighbors to keep Jack away while the guest were arriving. One was Jack's good friend. He was awesome. He came over to see if Jack could hang out and off they went to his house. This is when I told the kids. Blake was shocked that I could plan such a great surprised. He kept telling me how smart I was......sometimes all you need is an eight year old to make you feel excellent. Of course then he ask me what would happen if no one showed up...uh....hopefully that won't be the case.

We decorated and got the food ready. Then the guest started to arrive. The timing was working out fabulously.
My friend Katie got a picture of me as I made the call. It was pretty exciting. I had the music playing quite loud like always, because if it had been quite that would have been a dead give away.
He was surprised!

We ate and then played a fun game in UNO. You get two groups playing and then every time someone gets a SKIP laid down on them they put their hand down go to the other table and pick some to take that hand and that person has to go to the other table and pick up the hand that was left. It was pretty fun!

We had cake and sang Happy Birthday.
Some kids stayed a while longer and we played a couple rounds of The Great Dalmuti.

We had a blast. Jack is a great son and I love him to pieces.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh yeah - you rock! What fun. I just can't believe he is 14!!! Happy Birthday Jack!

Suzie Soda said...

You are an awesome mom.....what a cool idea. xoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-