- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, December 20

SAM and MOM

This year Sam and I have been able to go on a couple of outings together. Sam is such a fun guy to go with. He sees the world far differently than I do and because of this he opens my eyes to many things I would not have dreamed of.


We were able to go to the Picasso exhibit with his art class at the SAM {Seattle Art Museum} That was very interesting and we talked about paintings and sculptures and the man himself. If you know anything about Picasso, you will know that the man was quite passionate about women and his art. This made for colorful conversations, some questions of which I didn't know how to respond. I just did my best and I think Sam was happy.
Saturday night Sam and I went to see the play ANNIE. Sam's good friend was Annie. He was so excited. Weeks of asking me if we were going to go and me saying I am not sure made Sam feel as if it would not happen, but I surprised him with the tickets on Friday. He was elated to say the least.

The Musical was fantastic, but the best part was watching Sam's expression and sense of wonder at it all. He pays attention to all the details from Annie's locket to the lights and sound. He made eye contact with one of the players in one scene and that guy played to Sam in a scene where his was playing a ventriloquist. The little puppet kept waving at Sam during the whole scene. Sam loved it.

After the play we waited out in the lobby to see his friend. They were both all smiles.

I love all my kids so much and I just love being able to spend one on one time with each one. Sam is awesome.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Look at you go! I love getting to do things with my kiddos one-on-one too. Isn't it amazing how unique each child is!!?

-
-
- -
- -
-