- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, December 6

The Tree 2010

Line them up and decorate for weeks! Well, it seems like weeks....... Okay, it has only been one week and all the decorations are up. This really could be some sort of land record for me.
This tree I have is a monster of a tree. It is about 40 and them some years old. Somebody gave it to us ten years ago, because they were tired of putting it together. Every year we say we are getting a new tree {I am tired of putting it together} and every year we don't. It is not pre-lit. It is old school. Every branch has to be affixed to the center tube and the lights have to be wrapped around the center then up through every branch....it takes FOREVER......I plan about four to five hours just to get the tree together and you can add on another hour if Claire is talking to you.
We ended up with 1300 lights. I can only get down on the ground so far so Sam helps me out when we get to the nitty gritty bottom. The weird thing about this tree is that it drop needles just like a live tree. All you need is a "Smell of the Season" candle and you are good to go for the whole tree experience.
The best part about Christmas is the kids. Claire is so excited about everything. It is all new to her. I think four is a magical age. You could give her a Popsicle stick, tell her it is a Christmas ornament and she would give you a ten minute oration on the grandeur of the stick. Every ornament was lovely or beautiful or ooh magical.
Why two trees? Well, this tree has all ornaments relating to the true meaning of Christmas. Such a fine line between Santa and The Nativity. We try to get them both in, with emphasis on The Story of Christ birth.
Time for tree #2. We usually cut tree #2 up in the mountains, but we really are pressed for room here so this 4 footer would have to do for the kids tree. Skip thinks it is real strange that it sits up on the counter, behind the sink. I like it there. I got my Christmas tunes going and a tree to keep me in the Christmas mood, while I make dinner and stuff. I like it!

2 comments:

Maree Allred said...

Your trees are beautiful, as always, Laurene! :) Hope you guys have a great Christmas this year!

Suzie Soda said...

Everything looks fabulous. Enjoy these fun times because they grow up so fast. Miss you, xoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-