- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, March 24

HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO EAT!

I love food. I like to eat good food. I love all sorts of flavors, cooked in diverse ways. I like to mix salty and sweet. I like to mix savory and sweet. I like most any food with the exception of Peanut butter and sauerkraut, respectively.

I don't mind cooking, in fact I prefer my cooking to eating out. I do despise cooking for my children though. I find no joy in sitting at the table, with a meal in front of me, that looks as tasty as it is, anticipating the first bite only to hear, "HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO EAT?" Lovely, doesn't that just ring in your ears? Sounds just like nails on a chalk board to me. I deal with this about five out of seven nights in a week. Fun, Fun!



  1. My son Blake is not the worst in my line of complainers, I won't crown anyone as the worst since they read this blog, But he doesn't like rice or potatoes. These two items I like to keep in the rotation and I haven't really found a substitute for them. Tonight we had Teriyaki Chicken with sticky rice and broccoli {I served strawberries too, everyone loves them, Claire could eat a quart by herself}

    Blake proceeded to fall on the floor like a rag doll when he found out what we were having. He quickly got up, when I pointed out that a five year old doesn't act like that and added he would not get dessert if he continued.

We sat at the table and listened to him whine while the other two boys, that had about a tablespoon of each of the items, said "How Much Do I... you get the picture. What a joy, I was truly able to savor each bite, NOT. Claire was fine as long as I kept her fix of strawberries coming {she's a task master}. By the end of the meal both Jack and SAM had consumed enough food to appease me. Blake had eaten nothing, claiming that, "I don't care for dessert because it was ice cream and high in fat and not good for me anyway." Thus he was not going to eat till breakfast. I said, "Fine, your breakfast will be what you see in front of you now, Chicken ,rice and broccoli. Your brothers had to eat theirs you will eat yours." {Breakfast is going to be exciting. I can't imagine what will happen.} To this Blake took the stubborn silent face that he has and said, "fine, wrap it up." and I said, fine.......... Look at this picture, I mean come on who could live on this.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

I need an update...what happened this morning? Where did we get these hard headed little children! They are too smart and sassy for their own good!

janet said...

I can TOTALLY relate. My kids are such good kids-- but terrible eaters. What do we do to change this? I am not a bad cook, but they barely take a few bites. It's so annoying. If you ever come up with a solution, please let me know!

Suzie Soda said...

This makes me laugh.....I remember the days. Greg told the kids if they complained, they got another spoonful. It is fun watching my kids with their kids now. There is justice in this world.

-
-
- -
- -
-