- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, April 1

Not wishing to die anymore






Don't be alarmed I was just deathly ill and wishing for the end. Now I am just weak and slightly nauseated(maybe I am pregnant) don't worry it's just the flu. My eyes keep twitching, lack of sleep, although I did go to bed at 8:30 last night. We all did. I had Blake on the floor in my room and put Sam in his room because at that point he was the only one besides Skip that wasn't affected. As I read him a short chapter of a "Magic Tree House" book, I could see he was becoming the "BUGS" latest victim. I brought him in my room on to the love seat to sleep{Which he didn't} I needed everyone close, I was just as weak as them, and Skip was assigned to Claire, so we were all settled in. { Oh ya, Jack was in his bed weak and tired but through the worst of it. He had slept all day.}
















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Sam was getting worse and he knew it .I could hear him praying fervently to be healed.{My children do allot of praying out loud and I mean loud when they are sick it's pretty much like begging to the Lord really loud and with all sincerity, a real come to Jesus moment} after about an hour and a half of this and me checking on him, from my bed. He finally said,"Mom can I have a Tums?" I said,"Honey I'm sorry but that won't really help, you are going to be sick." He said, "Mom I prayed and Heavenly Father told me that if I took a TUMS I would not get sick." How can you argue with someones personal revelation? I got the TUMS. Then after I gave it to him {he did check with me to make sure he wouldn't get sick from it} He was quiet for a while and around 11:00 he said,"Mom do you think Dad could give me a Fathers Blessing? I mean I know that no one else is here to help him so a Fathers Blessing will be fine." again how can you argue with this. I hoped Skip would be up to this and of course he was. I did have to wake him up and get him out of Claire's bed. He gave him a wonderful blessing of peace and rest. I prayed too, not out loud but in my heart that through my little Sam's faith he could be healed or at least not throw-up. He went to sleep and slept through the rest of the night and never got sick it was truly a miracle. He is still a little weak but he never got really, really sick like the rest of us.
























































































































































































































































I know you might think this is crazy but I named Sam "Samuel" from the bible it means "heard God" and Sam listened and heard God. To me this is what I pray for my kids to have testimony builders and this was definitely one of those times and he knew it.

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I am so sorry you have been sick..I guess everyone got it from Riley;s party, huh? I hope you are through the worst of it and on the mend.I have stayed clear of my grandkids because they have all been sick too. I feel you pain.

janet said...

you gotta give the boys some TUMS after an answer like that!!

And my kids LOVE the magic tree house series. We have all of them and have read them several times!

-
-
- -
- -
-