- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, May 14

"Called to Serve"

Today our Ward Relief Society was in charge of making and serving the full time missionaries. They were having a huge zone conference. There were about 120 missionaries. We served my RS President famous Catalina chicken with Rice, Strawberry Salad, Rolls and a yummy chocolate fudge cake. Everything smelled delish! We thought we might run out of rice, but with a little prayer and strategic serving methods we made it, whew!








The boys and Claire came along to help. I am so grateful that they get the opportunity to serve. They sat the tables and helped getting water and rolls. They were the gophers for all the women there. They brought rice out and carried empty bowls back to the kitchen. They handed out mints to the missionaries at the end.








The boys heard the missionaries sing "Called to Serve" and thought that was pretty cool. I know it is cliche but I never get tired of hearing the missionaries sing this song. I thought of Grandma and Grandpa Ross, I know that they are probably singing this song allot right now too. I met an Elder Bar from AZ {senior missionary} He said this was their first day in the mission and so far the food was great. Again I thought of G&G Ross and felt a big lump in my throat. Sam wanted to know if G&G were eating in a gym like ours. I told him no, but maybe when they get out of the MTC they would.







I hope as we pray for G&G, we can feel the spirit of missionary work. It's wonderful to be able to serve beside your kids and help them to feel the importance of helping others. It doesn't hurt to make sure they know where all the proper placement of silverware, napkin and cups are either.










We have an awesome ward. So many people just willing to jump in and help, when it wasn't even on their radar for the day. These sisters are great examples to me and my kids and I thank you.

1 comments:

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

Okay, so I've already gone to your blog twice this morning... because i read your recent posts... and then I went on to the next one... but realized that I didn't leave a comment! So I'm back to say, that I love reading your blog... and you do so much, and it reminds me to stop my complaining about my "little things", because I know there are people like you have so much more on their plate!
Despite all the work, it was fun to be with you at the ZConf lunch... praise the Lord, we had enough rice!!! :)

-
-
- -
- -
-