- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, July 20

Enrichment ....Chistmas in July!

We had a great time on Saturday. Our Enrichment activity was like a Super Saturday, but we just didn't have as many crafts as others I have been invovled with. They didn't take to long either. I think all who came had fun a were able to visit and eat great salads and rolls. I didn't get to take any pictures though. ....To busy with keeping things rolling along. I was a little stressed out about it. Isn't it amazing how things just work out.


Today, in church, I was released from my calling as counsoler over Enrichment in Relief Society. I was a little shocked because I wasn't expecteing this. I love Relief Society. I love the sisterhood that I get to participate in and the feelings of love and compassion that resonate from the sisters. I testify that it is a true organization, organized by the power of God through a prophet of god for a divine purpose.
There are some, I know, that say they don't enjoy going on Sunday's to Relief Society. I love it. The spirit that resides there touches my soul every week. When I attended RS in Utah, in three diffrent wards, I felt that same spirit. I felt it last year when I attended a ward at the beach. It is wonderful to know that I am a part of a world wide sisterhood. It brings me strength and hope.


I am so grateful to Jan, KaLisi, and Corrine. It has been so great to serve with them. I have learned so much from each one.

5 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Thanks for all you did as RS counselor. I am sure you have a new calling...in fact I think I guessed it. Not that I should be guessing. I , along with many others I am sure, appreciate your service and postive attitude about RS. I am right there with you....I love RS and the sisterhood it fosters. I have learned and gained so much over the years.

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

ditto on your RS testimony. I feel the same way. And although I'm bummed that your not in the pres. anymore, you'll do great in your new calling (wink, wink!)... and of course, we'll still hang out!!! Thanks for all you do!!!

Marissa said...

you're gonna get called to Nursery Leader sucker!! heh heh

Lynn and Sherry Whyte said...

Saturday was wonderful and I thank you for your expert help! Everything was so well organized. I am sorry to see you leave RS, but know you are needed elsewhere - you have more lives to touch.Relief Society truly can offer the sisters of the church so much. Hope they do not decide to change your VT route! I look forward to those visits! I sure had fun with Miss Claire on Sunday in Nursery. I think she might be ready to come and play with me. :)

Cristy said...

Glad your day went well...I know you were stressed about it! Yeah for being released. I love RS too, but the enrichment leader calling was a very difficult calling when I had it, there is so much pressure constantly. Especially for us who care and want things to work!

-
-
- -
- -
-