- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, July 21

Just a Day...




Jack had a consequence given to him which is no electronical devices til we go to the beach {two more weeks} Needless to say he is bored out of his mind. I have been finding lots for him to do. CHORES! He is really getting tired of all these chores,but will not say this because I just give him more chores to do. Logical ,right? Today after several more chores I found him in the living room { with his brothers} reading these big books about the ocean. He told me he had to resort to reading these, because we need to go to the library. I said you should read them and I have more non-fiction when you are ready to absorb the next one.


We also had our weekly FHE tonite. Sometimes it can be a little challenging. While Blake is giving the lesson, Claire is playing hide and go seek. Just what you want. I am sure the spirit is touching her some way. We also played "Apples to Apples" { Blake wanted to play "Ulcers"} and had Chocolate chip cookies .YUM!





The ants are back and this time they are the little tiny ones. Seriously, it is going to push me right over the edge. The floor you see in the top picture is gleaming. I only cleaned it like a thousand times today with vinegar and with bleach. I am crazy I know. Last night I dreamed about them and it was not a comforting dream.

By the by, this is my 200th post! Wow! I can't believe it. This Blogging has been so much fun. I love reading all the Blogs I do and seeing all your comments { Every time you read my Blog with out commenting you take a piece of my heart, SNIFF!} So comment already or am I just so entertaining you can't think of anything witty to say. Look, I know you are addicted to this just like me, you Looky loos.

4 comments:

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

I know, I know... I need to be better about leaving comments... I'm just too lazy! At least Claire is just playing hide and seek... Caleb thinks it's funny to "toot" during FHE... imagine the domino effect that happens with that one! ahhh, it's lovely living with boys, isn't it??

George and Eva Ross said...

We love Apples to Apples. We have not been able to find it here. I have tried several toy stores, etc. We did buy Rummikub and love it. It is extremely challenging. The couple we play it with have taught us lots of strategies that have helped us be better.
FHE is important and you will be surprised the impact it will have that you had no clue was happening. Skip will tell you they weren't awesome, but we did our best and look how good he turned out.

I tried the vinegar and it doesn't work great, but it is better than nothing. We have the tiny ants at the office as well as at home. It is the rainy season, so I guess we live with them. At least we don't see other bugs. They keep it well sprayed here much to our surprise and delight.

We do enjoy reading your blog and feel even closer to you because of it. Thanks for being a great mom. Skip did well!

Suzie Soda said...

Very sweet from your mother-in-law. I love your blog...I read it religiously everynight. I don't post as often as you. But I do comment regularly.....I know what you mean...I wish more people would comment on mine too. It was fun tonight. Love, Suz xoxo

ShelleyG said...

I am sure you saw the post my dad made on his blog about ants... you guys can relate to each other! :) I want to know who those families are that have GREAT FHE's every time...I think it is a Mormon Myth. ;) Just the fact that your kids seeing you trying to put family first is what matters. The Lord blesses our efforts (thank goodness!).

I enjoy your blog so much. I don't always comment, but I am stoked you have made it to 200! Very Cool. Are you having success with Blurb? I am NOT good at figuring it out... any ideas?

-
-
- -
- -
-