- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, July 28

FHE...Twister

I tried my best to get a picture of Claire leading the music for FHE. She just moves too much. As she leads the music, she dances. This picture is of her singing "The Chapel Doors" SSHHH be Still...

It was Blake's turn to pick the activity and he picked Twister. Blake asks his brothers daily to play this game and they refuse. He was so happy that everyone had to comply. I spun the wheel, lucky me. Poor Skip, not really he seems to have all the moves.{hee! hee!}

We topped it off with chocolate cake. Thank you Sam{for the Idea} Thank you Skip{for picking it up} Thank you Ukrops{They Rock}. Really, sometimes you can't make everything from scratch. My question is, does eating the "Oh so Delicious Chocolate cake" cancel out the exercise and healthy smoothie, whole wheat pancakes, apples, and all things good for you blah blah blah....... Life is to short to worry!!

4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Amen to that.

Cristy said...

Your doing so good with your exercise and eating right that you deserve that chocolate cake!

Anonymous said...

chocolate is a food group....Oh, Mackenzie tells me it's not. You need to remember that cake is full of good things just mixed all together. In the morning you might have a couple of eggs, pancakes, milk, butter, or like me 2 squares of ghirardelli dark caramel chocolate squares. When eating remember all the good things about eating dark chocolate (white or milk chocolate are a waste of time).
Here are a few facts that I found online.... Dark chocolate acutely decreases wave reflections, that it does not affect aortic stiffness, and that it may exert a beneficial effect on endothelial function in healthy adults. Chocolate consumption may exert a protective effect on the cardiovascular system.
"Many people don't realize that chocolate is plant-derived, as are the fruits and vegetables recommended for a healthy heart," Engler says.
Studies show that cocoa powder, dark chocolate and milk chocolate have higher Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity (ORAC) values than many common foods, such as prunes and blueberries.
Remember everything in moderation. But I say "Let them eat cake."

Laurene Ross said...

Yes, Maryann comes through again. I will eat cake, in fact I am eating cake. Those free radicals in my body don't have a chance and my heart is feeling quite flexible.Yeah, for chocolate!!! Yeah, for Maryann who knows what is good for you! { and always keeps the supply up when I visit.}

-
-
- -
- -
-