- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, August 17

A fun Weekend

Claire broke out with huge hives on her legs and arms. I wasn't sure what it was {of course I go right to bed bugs... I start obsessing on fumigation and if we will need to move, what will happen to all are stuff, and are we infested or what...Yes, I am crazy} We went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon, the whole bunch, the doctors office is used to it. This was our first visit when Claire did not weep. She told me on the way into the office," I am happy. I have hives. I will not cry, because I am a big girl. Then I will get a sucker." Yea, My big girl is progressing. She also slept in her bed three nights in a row till 7:00 am. All I have to say is, Whoo Hooo!!!!! A small disclaimer: I did give her Benadryl the first night FOR HIVES! I do not drug my kids so I can get much needed rest, although it has crossed my mind over 730 times.
Jack had his second Boy Scout camp out. We collected all these different items{ not explosive} For him to throw into the fire to make the flames change color; ie salt, alum, borax, and Epsom salt. He thought that was pretty cool. He also hiked five miles, which he did not think was pretty cool. He took some beautiful pictures on the hike. I was not losing sleep this time. It was a little weird without him, but I managed. In fact there was a stress that was missing.

Friday was our ward picnic. The kids had a blast playing with their friends and catching frogs. Our Primary President was leading the fun on the big teeter-tauter. We have a great ward. Saturday morning I received a call that a dear lady, Ruby had too many grapes and tons of apples that needed picking. Off we went to pick. Claire loved cutting the grapes off the vine and Blake and Sam did a great job getting some apples for us to can. I get to do the canning. Thank you Ruby you an awesome women. I hope I am this spry when I am her age.

Later that night I made everyone pick the grapes off the vine. I thought we could sit around the table and talk. You know bond, Family time. Well, Skip thought we should move into the family room and watch the Olympics while we pick. So much for bonding. The grapes got done, there was allot of talking and you could barely hear the commentary on the event that was taking place. The marathon. Skip kept telling the kids to stop talking and watch, but really,... the marathon. While it is a great feat of strength and endurance, my children's attention was not held by any reach of the imagination. {Except Jack} Try gymnastics, swimming, volley ball, rowing even badminton and they will watch and be amazed.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Don't worry Laurene, the Olympics don't last forever (at least that is what I have been telling myself as my husband has been completely absorbed in them). We have watched just about every sport imaginable. Even after all these years, Theo still doesn't understand why I am not that interested in marathon runners that are not him! (-:

Cristy said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Well except the visit to the doctors office. Poor Claire!

-
-
- -
- -
-