- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, August 18

Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy

We had a talk today in church about Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. We try to do what we can and I have talked about it before on this blog.

Jack was going to be in the Richmond Children's Choir. He would have been able to perform with that Richmond Symphony and at various other venues that would be a great experience. As we looked over the concert schedule for the year, over half of the concerts were on Sunday. This would mean because of our church schedule that he would have to leave church, before it was over, to attend his concerts. We talked at length about it and Jack decided that he would bow out because he didn't think it was where he should be. He said he didn't think he should leave his meetings early for this type of commitment. It made him uncomfortable.

While I am proud that he came to this decision I am also bummed. I thought this opportunity would be so great for him. I loved choir and many of my concerts fell on Sundays. We didn't go out afterward, but I did attend them. They were mostly at night and did not conflict with church though.

This is our first time dealing with this dilemma. I am sure we will have many more chances to deal with this Sabbath Day issue and what we should and shouldn't do. I think if you listen the spirit it will dictate to your heart what is right.

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Good choice. I would never mess up my Sundays for anything that wasn't absolutley necessary.
Keeping the Sabbath day will serve him his whiole life. There will be other choirs. Can he do our ward choir?

Lewismom said...

That is such a great idea Suzie! I know that a lot of my kids didn't want to sing in the Ward Choir but I wonder if that was because I didn't have them start it at a young age. We have had families in our wards who's children ALL sang in the choir. They seemed to enjoyb it a lot!

-
-
- -
- -
-