- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, September 27

Create and Compassion

So what has happened to me? ... Well I have been over my head in school stuff and knee deep in reading All the "Harry Potter Books"! We, that is Jack and I, have been reading these books for the past three weeks. This has been quite a tiring feat. Jack is a task master. I don't think he realizes that my life is busy even when he is in bed. Every night it is " Mom, please read at least 10 chapters tonight." So I read and read .... then I think I should be reading my scriptures this much. More on Harry Potter later!

_____________________________________________________________

Tonight, I attended the General Relief Society Broadcast. It was wonderful. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave a very powerful talk on what brings the Lord happiness.

Moses 1:39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

He taught that the Lords gains his happiness through us, his creations and thru the compassion he has for us. He said that we can find a measure of great happiness by following his example.

To create, To bring something into existence that wasn't there before; a smile, a garden, a painting , a meal, an idea, an empty space, ... a life. He told us we should create. We all have talents and we should use them to beautify this world. I wish I knew where the quote he gave by Brigham Young came from. He basically said that we should create and beautify our world so that angels would want to dwell with us. I Loved this!

He also taught about our Saviors compassion for mankind. His life is the definition of compassion. It struck me when he said, "The Savior did not bother to compete,{ I am very competitive} or seek after worldly honor or goods, but rather sought to help the needy, uplift the poor of heart, and heal the sick. Everywhere he went his charity was the first thing on his mind. Another thing he said, That it might not be the number of prayers we say, but maybe the number of prayers we are able to answer. This was so powerful!

The whole boadcast was so uplifting. Sister Becks talk really inspired me too. I will comment on this tomorrow. If you missed this you should go to http://www.lds.org/ and listen to it!

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I loved his talk too. Thanks for all your work last night..it was very nice. You do a good job and always work hard. xoxox

-
-
- -
- -
-