- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, September 28

....Summer Vacation

This past Summer we spent a month in Utah visiting our family.We had an AWESOME time. Being there for so long meant that I would dump my pictures onto my mother's computer. I received these pics recently and wanted to post some of our fun memories.









We spent quite a bit of time at my Dad and Mom's. Hopefully they will want us back again. We had a great time. Cousins came over for a Fathers Day Celebration and played games out back with water and sponges, always great to get one in the face. My sister Cristy came over all the time with her three little ones and my little Claire loved her two big girl cousins Alli and Morgi. They all couldn't get enough of holding baby Corbin. We enjoyed playing games with Grandma and Grandpa too!




The Ross Family Reunion was a real highlight. Brad and Corine and their ever growing family filled our days with fun and family. The first day we made these humanitarian kits. I thought this was such a extraordinary opportunity to really serve with those we love to help those in need. Service really binds people together and what better people to bond with then our family.

We were able to see Ty play football in a tournament at BYU, which my boys thought was awesome. The Hannay kids are something of a wonder to my kids. They are just in awe of their stature and abilities. Come to think of it so am I. We love hearing about them on the family Blog. After football it was off to the BYU bowling ally and the book store. Bowling is always fun with little ones. Blake had a blast trying to match his real world skills against his Wii bowling skills. He decided reality is a little harder. Ain't it the truth!




We spent the better part of a day at the "This is the Place Pioneer Village" . I thought the whole village was done pretty well . The kids enjoyed it. We made arrowhead necklaces, rode ponies and wagons, we made rope, learned about the stars, had a train ride and carded wool. The kids also tried there hands at some pioneer games. I loved seeing the Monument and reading about the history. There is just something about our church history that moves me; frequently to tears.



We also went to Seven Peaks water park. I hung out with Blake and Claire in the kiddie pool for most of the time. Towards the end of the day I was able to go on some of the fast slides and crazy slides with Sam and Jack. It was so fun to go with them and see the fright mixed with joy on their faces. There is nothing like dropping off a ledge, on a float, straight down, staring at your eight year old across from you, seeing the horror and excitement in his face, knowing or thinking you know this is going to be fun. I loved It!


On Sunday we went to the Salt Lake Temple to take pictures and enjoy the sweet Spirit that resides there. Both Sam and Jack were touched by the Spirit as they gazed up at the Temple.


0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-