- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, September 11

Some thoughts on Jack......






As Jack and I waited in the car for Sam last night at Cub Scouts, I decided to talk to him about politics. We talked a little bit about Republicans and Democrats and the differences. I talked to him about big government and small government and what that meant in terms of taxes and programs for the public. I said you will have to decide which party you believe in and maybe you might think about some of the other fringe parties, but there are some key issues that many on each side feel very strongly about. I then told him about Pro-life and Pro- choice. {I told him not everyone in each party feels this way , but in general. I asked him if he remembered about how babies were made,{I used other words and more in depth, but for here I will just say it this way} he said yes. Then I told him about abortion{ something that he had never heard of} I said Pro-choice believed that a women has a right to choose what she can do with her body even if that means having an abortion. To this Jack responded{ very quickly I might add}, "Didn't they already make a choice?" Wow! I was blown away by this. This just made me realize how old Jack is and that he truly gives some serious thought to what we have told him.









After 9 11 In 2001 I talked to Jack about what had happened and we talked about how great our country was. I had also talked to him about our great flag since he was a baby{ Jack was 4}Over a week later Jack came to me and said he had a song that he had made up about our country.{ As a small child he would to sing all the time at night when we would put him to bed } This is his song:





We fight for freedom.



We fight for freedom.



We fight for freedom.



Because of the stripes and stars and the blue,



It always reminds us of our American hearts.



We want to listen to our Heavenly Father's words,



And be kind



And be helpful


And always be nice.



Because we are Americans, Americans, Americans!



We always fight for freedom, for freedom.



The Stars reminds us of the really good we do.



The blue reminds us of the really good we can do.



The red reminds us of the blood and strongness.



And that is why I sing about freedom.



We fight for freedom!



By, Jack Ross,age 4, Sept 24th, 2001

1 comments:

Cristy said...

Wow, this is a great song!! Way to go
Jack!!

-
-
- -
- -
-