- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, October 29

Country Roads



Don't you wish you lived in Virgina. I mean just look at it. Take a ride with me and enjoy the view. Maybe I can convince you to relocate. I know there are other places that have these scenes, but I have been waiting for this since last fall. Everyday I drive out, I am giddy to see what the world has to offer.


The thing I love about this beautiful state is the distinctive seasons. Here we go........... I really need a break from all the news and hoopla. The media is killing me.
At first it just looks ordinary. You have to drive down allot of roads-


See allot of trees.





Then the beauty hits you. The kids shout," Mom, look at that tree. Wow, those colors are awesome." Temporarily all the world seems to melt away.


It's like driving into a dream.




___________________________________________________________








The dream stops when you think you have an oven that works on a timer.

You arrive home from Cub Scouts expecting to find nice warm loafs of freshly baked bread waiting to be devoured in your oven. It is all you talk to your kids about in the car ." I know your hungry. When we get home we will have yummy home made bread with melted butter and drizzled with honey."



Only to realize you were wrong, as the stench of burnt something reaches your nose when you walk through the door. {not quite what you anticipated} the oven does not work on a timer and the bread has a crust it that could break your teeth. Curse you Shane you have perfect bread every time!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I do love Virginia, until I see an Obama sign and it kills the mood. Here's to looking forward to Nov. 5 - when the signs come down!

Suzie Soda said...

Bummer. I am so sorry. xoxoxoxo

Suzie Soda said...

I love Virginia too. The fall is my favorite time of year.
I leave for Utah on Saturday..see you in a week. xoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-