- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, October 31

a quick note to endless nights...

...I was up with Blake four times last night. He has a cold and slight fever. He would cry and I would be Johnny on the oh so tired spot. 1:30 medicine, 2:15 uncomfortable, to the bathroom, 4:30 can't breath, can't sleep, help me Mom.{ I am trying } 6:15 or so, I think I hear crys, so I get my tired old self out of bed, trudge down to his room, this is when I hear laughter. What is going on? I peer down into his angelic sleeping face and see a slight smile...HUH...then he laughs...this kid is having a funny dream and I am having a freaking night mare... HA! HA!HA!




The night before is equally as funny. { I say this with much compassion as I can} Claire is the perpetrator of my priceless sleep this time. ...around 1:30 crying { her pattern is usually to get up and climb in bed with me} She doesn't come so I pursue. Something must be wrong. Her nose is all stuffed up and she is just whining so I lay with her till she is asleep. This takes about 45 min. { Don't you wish you were me} I go stealthily back to bed, walking ever so quietly so as not creek the wood floor. 3:15, crying is heard again from the second bedroom on the second floor in the 100th block of " CAN'T A GIRL GET SOME SLEEP" I stumble into her room with my eyes half shut.{ I mean really, I know the drill I can do this with my eyes shut or so I thought.} I enter the room and hear her cries, as I approach the bed more cries. I see what I think is Claire wrapped up in a little heap under her covers, mind you my eyes are half open. I take the next step towards her bed and simultaneously hear shirks of pain and something hard and round under my feet. I have just stepped on Claire's little head..."What the..." The girl had fallen out of bed and I did not see because ....IT WAS DARK! Please tell me something like this has happened to you.{ She is Okay, luckily I step lightly at night}I feel terrible. I bring her into my bed give her a hug and then push her gently towards Skip's side of the bed. Sweet dreams, Honey!

1 comments:

Cristy said...

I am totally with you on the sleepless nights these past couple of weeks. I have had teething and bad dreams and such. And why are the kids so happy in the A.M?? I open my Diet Coke and take a swig to wake up...I know...sad right???

-
-
- -
- -
-