- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, November 4

Express Voting

We had our Home school Co-op today, so I decided I would vote around 4:30 pm, after all the families left the house. All day in the back of my mind I was so excited to go vote. I was kind of working myself into a frenzy. I was ready for this Home school thing to be over.

The news keeps talking about record voter turn out and long lines, people waiting for hours. I figured I would be pretty safe going before the dinner rush. As I walked outside into the pouring rain, I was greeted by this beautiful scene. Ahhh Virginia.... I left the house at exactly 4:27 pm. I should have taken more time to get a better picture. I was worried that I would be in a line and I needed to get there. Then getting a book crossed my mind, if I was going to be waiting...No, I needed to hurry.

The usual suspects were there, some more die hard than others. It was pouring.

No one was manning the McCain booth, kind of funny I thought in a ironic sort of way.I walked into the fire station and was told to get into the left line. There were two other people in the room voting, no line at all. I was the only one at the m-z table. I gave them my voting card and they whisked me over to the electronic booth, Cool! I never used one of these before. I was all excited. Then I started to vote, put my game face on, all serious and everything. I started touching the screen and then it was over. I was so disappointed. I worked myself up for 30 seconds in the booth. There were only three questions on the ballot. I wanted more, come on this touch screen thing is so fun. Nope done, please exit over here mam. They were ushering me out and I was still in my dream state. A kind of power euphoria. I'm the man.... Seriously, lady leave. Fine, do I get a sticker?


Out to the car and it is 4:34 pm. Seven minutes from house to vote to back in the car! That is so crazy.





I just had to put this in for historical value. Two months ago I was paying two dollars more for gas, with no end in sight. This is good and bad. Let's see where we are in two more months.



0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-