- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, December 7

Mom and Dad

Happy Birthday Mom And Dad!!!!

What can I say they are the best. They really are, I wouldn't kid ya! They have blessed my life in more ways then I can list. They serve and set an incredible example for my kids and I.

One of my favorite memories of my mom, and there are many, Is this; I was in my sophmore year of High School, sitting in my third hour, English Lit class. Over the intercom came the secretary asking if I would please come to the office. I was a little nervous. When I arrived at the office there was my mom. I must be in some pretty big trouble for her to be there at 10:00 am.

She told the office thanks and told me to come with her. This was strange. When we got into the car I asked her what was going on. She said," I am taking you to the movies."{ at 10:00 am} "What?" I exclaimed " To The Return of the Jedi" my mom said with a grin. " NO WAY!" I shouted. This was the first showing of the movie on the opening day. How cool is that!

This is a strange memory of my Dad and I put it in here to illustrate the kind of guy my Dad is. There is no question to anyone that knows my dad that he is funny and likes a good laugh. Also he can be quite a problem solver which I love, but my Dad was also my protector.

As a child I was scared allot, especialy at night. I would go into my parents room and sleep on the end of their bed till I was colder then scared and go back to my bed. At the house in Lakewood I would hear noises and see shawdows on my colored glass windows. I would ask my Dad to check it out he always did. We moved to a house in the woods and on several occasions I would ask my dad to check outside my window, because I was sure something {namely bigfoot} was out there and trying to get in. He always checked for me. I know he wasn't always happy to do this, but he did.

I was/am a little highly stressed. Many times I would wake my Dad in the middle of the night for a blessing. He would do this for me also. I felt I could ask my Dad for help at anytime.

Even as an adult when I have gone through tough trials, my Dad is there. One time I was extremely depressed and I hadn't called my parents for about three weeks my Dad called me and said,"Laurene we haven't heard from you in a while. We are worried , call your Mom soon."When your Dad calls you know it is serious and you must call.

I know both my parents love me and have always shown me love and support no matter what. I am a parent now and can only hope to be as great as they are. Mom and Dad thank you for giving me such a happy life.

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-