- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, January 29

Clean Floors and Tears

I mopped the kitchen floor today, just one of the many mundane{ this may be the wrong word...} things I did, along with making sure everyone was bathed, fed, schooled, talked to, kissed, hugged ....the list goes on you get the picture.

Although I do have to say I absolutely LOVE a clean floor. I can just stare at it for minutes{not that I have that kind of time} but hey, I did tell my kids no one can go in the kitchen area for at least 30 minutes...ah yes, the sheer joy of walking by and gazing {which I did at least ten or maybe twenty times...love it..} at a floor that is crumb free, smudge free and the wood has a nice sheen ....really I get all giddy just thinking about it.

The girl is crazy, nuts even...maybe? I like to think of it as a free indulgence. I worked hard to get that floor to shine. I think I am allowed to bask in it's beauty, if only for a moment.

It is the little things I am grateful for: Sam reading, Blake telling time, Jack pounding out "Ye Elders of Israel" and Claire schooling them all at a game of UNO. Life is good.

I told the boys that tomorrow would be the last piano lesson in a while. What can I do? My hands are tied. Sam was solemn then started to cry; this from the boy that I constantly fight with to practice. He said, "I don't want to loose this talent. I mean,.. it may be the only one I have right now." Oh my little Sam, how I dearly love you. I will pick up the slack for a while I told him and you must do what I say. He gave me the nod. A man of a few words. I know he gets it. Life just sometimes sucker punches you right in the gut and...... that's all I have to say about that:)

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

That makes me sad.....but things turn around. You will be blessed for all your righteous endeavors. I am praying for you all. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

sad news. seems to be a widening circle of friends, family, and loved ones that keep getting impacted by the economy. we trust that the Lord will watch over and guide you towards the next adventure in your lives. Tell Skip and your family hello from all of us.

Love you,
the walkers

-
-
- -
- -
-