- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, January 6

Home School Rocks!

We started our new semester of co-op today. I am teaching about "The Civil War" or " the War of Northern Aggression" or" The War against the Right to Secede" it has all sorts of names. Can you guess which one Virgina goes with? I have learned a ton about the Constitution, Lincoln, and have had my eyes opened to many truths I never knew about. { Maybe I was passing too many notes in History Class.}


Beth is teaching Geography and really brings each country to life for the kids. Melissa is teaching about the systems of the Human body. She is a Physical Therapist, so this should be good!
We had a great time playing "Heads up Seven up"{remember that game?} and I am looking forward to the next few months. I love the spirit that each meeting brings. What a blessing to know these families.


___________________________________________________________
Jack is rocking the HOUSE! Does he look like a deer caught in someomes head lights or a fish out of water?Jack is in the "School of Rock, Richmond Virgina" and loving it, I think. Actually this is his first practice playing with a band. He said," I liked it, but it was different." I am not sure what that means. "Smile Jack."




This is him rocking to Billy Joel's,"Don't Ask Me Why" He has a solo and a lot{ I got it right!} tricky finger work. He also plays to the Beatles's " Can't Buy Me Love." You can't see it, but still no smile. He is really concentrating.



The concert is in three weeks. We have several late night practices till then. Yawn!!! I had a blast watching them. I wanted to get up and sing to these oldies. Just watching Jack react to his new surroundings was fun. I hope next week to get a little smile out of him!



5 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I want to come hear this band sometimes..I have heard about it. Will you invite us when they perform?

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON JACK!!!!!! I love this. I wish Riley had a school of rock ....You need to video him practicing.

Marissa said...

that's so cool that jack is in a band!!! he should do a solo next time he babysits. My kids can dance... can he play Beyonce's "Single Ladies??? Leo and I made up a dance to it, our costumes are modest.

Cristy said...

How fun for Jack! C'mon smile a little!

Ashton said...

Do you know the date of the performance yet?
We'd like to go!!
DO you mind emailing the homeschool pics?
I'm starting to think I should start a blog... I think it's a great idea to remember the things you do each day.
I don't know if I could be as funny or put life in such an interesting perspective as you do, though!

-
-
- -
- -
-