- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, January 1

A New Dress!


I am of the opinion that Children need a limited amount of clothes. I subsist on hand-me-downs from sisters and sisters mother-in-laws, clothes that I have had for twenty five years { just yesterday I wore a little sweater number that I bought from the Salvation Army when I was 15.} and the occasional piece that I buy about every five years. I was looking at my skirts and I have four lovely skirts two I bought thirteen years ago and the others almost three years ago. I go for quality not quantity.

Which brings me to dresses I have two dresses; one my Mom bought me about seven years ago and one I bought about four years ago. So there you go, enough to definitely get by. The question I have is why on earth would a two year old need more than one church dress? It's not like she is setting the trends in the nursery. She wears it for about four hours then off it comes to wait for the next Sunday.

I, it seems, am wrong. Little girls, it appears, love dresses and twirling and twirling. In fact Claire does not want to take off the dress after church. She wants to prance, dance and walk on her tip toes all over the house and since Santa brought her heels to wear, she prances right on to her tiny little bottom most of the time.

She received a gift card for Christmas from her "Mentor." I decided it would best be used on a new dress. I wish you could have seen how big her eyes got when I pulled it from the bag. She almost started hyperventilating and was completely speechless, with her two hands over her mouth. The gasp of," OH, OH, Thank you Mom, Thank you." could be heard through out the house. She took off her clothes immediatly and dropped them on the kitchen floor. I did not need to be prompted I new what must be done.


3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Oh my! A vision in blue. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she got something she loves with her gift card. This "mentor" thinks you need more than one dress for church. I know you wanted to take the jewel off but she looks so happy. Do some self talk and leave it on. She is super cute and very happy.

Cristy said...

1 dress? Wow?

-
-
- -
- -
-