- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, January 21

Precocious Little Thing!


What do I do about Claire? She is becoming a little to precocious. These are somethings she has told me to get her way, which she didn't.


CLAIRE: " Mom," While putting her long chubby fingers on my cheeks and chin, rubbing ever so gently and looking me square in the eyes." Sister Ashton loves it when Riley{her friend} rubs her chin."
ME: laughing"Really."

ME: "Claire we don't do flips on my bed."{ As she does a flip off of the laundry-basket handle onto my bed} "You are going to hurt yourself."
CLAIRE: "Mom, the Grandma we stayed with..."
ME: "Grandma Lewis?"
CLAIRE:" Yeah, She does this... flips onto her bed like this...she loves it! { She flips again}


I find it interesting that she picks people I love and respect to try to get her way.

4 comments:

Keryn said...

I love "the Grandma we stayed with". My kids have a "Grandma in Turned-into-a-bagel (Trinidad and Tobago)" and "the Grandma with Chuzzles" (a game my mom has on her computer, that she lets the kids play). No "Grandma Ross" or "Grandma Tobler" for them!

Brossettelewis said...

I could totally see Grandma Lewis doing that :).

suzieromans@comcast.net said...

Welll brace yourself. That independance gets worse as the years go by...especially about 12.
But then it comes full circle when they have their first child and begin to appreciate the role of mom. Then you may beconme an hero. xoxoxo

Lewismom said...

Yeah, as Grandpa Barnes would have said, I've got a fur lined picture of that! Just in case that does not compute...no Claire I do not do flips onto my bed and guess what? I don't let kids do them either. I'm just not that fun I guess.
Grandma Mike, my Father's mother, had a sofa that folded down into a bed. She would take sheets and waft them high over our heads and let us dive under them as they sailed down over us. It WAS fun! But sorry, I'm just not that fun.
signed, That Grandma you stayed with.

-
-
- -
- -
-