- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, June 27

Do We Really Need More Stuff?

This is a question I ask all the time and since we are moving into a house that is about half as big as the one we moved out of. How much stuff do we really truly need?

Army Men? Yes. We need these. Hours of enjoyment. I played with my brother all the time as a kid. It takes time to set them up. Then you strategically knock them down with rubber bands. Shoot the rubber bands at each other until someone gets hurt or your Mother tells you to knock it off. Then you set them up again.

We got these at a garage sale for $ 2.50. Skip was like," We don't" need more stuff. You are going in the wrong direction." I was all," I have to be with these guys 24/7, I'm telling you we need more stuff." Crayons and paper only go so far. We did get library cards and go twice a week, but reading needs to be followed by lots of play.

RISK...the stuff dreams are made of. It is small, it will store well, plus it takes two to three weeks to play! We need this stuff!

I scored this at the same sale. Sam is loving this game.

Jack not so much.

Sam is taking over and leaving Skip and Jack in the dust.

This women that spoke broken but good English was the proprietor of said sale and would not go down on the price of Six dollars. I tried, but she stood firm. I finally thought," Okay the Army Men and Risk eight dollars." It is for a good cause right?........... My SANITY!

So I give her a twenty and she proceeds to give me my change all in one dollar bills! Her son says something to her in a language I don't understand, but I get the idea he wants her to give me a ten and change. She shakes her head at him and raises her voice as she barks at him in the other language. No she will give one dollar bills.

The kicker is when she counts out the dollars, she gives ten to me and then says," That is a good even ten." Now I am not a confrontational person, but I felt like I was being taken to the cleaners on this game. I said," No, you owe me two dollars more,"{I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS} She frowns, begrudgingly gives me the money and shakes her head at me. Am I supposed to feel bad?

Then I go to another sale and find the same game for $2.50....GRRR Buyers remorse. Now I do feel bad. I hate shopping for stuff!

2 comments:

ShelleyG said...

I am so sick of stuff! Bleh! i think a move every few years is good for a little decluttering if nothing else. :)

Keryn said...

I think that every year I should pretend like I am moving, just so I pare things down. But I agree, there are some things you can't live without!

-
-
- -
- -
-