- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, September 1

Dishes

Dishes, they never end! Morning to sun set, there are dishes to be done. When I grew up we used paper plates. I have never been a fan. They do cut down on the dish load, but is it a waste of paper? Waste water.....waste paper.... tough choices all around. I swore (well I didn't really swear) I would never use them when I had my own house. I confess I am a plate snob.

 One time when my brother was visiting, he went to set the table and ask where the paper plates were. I told them I don't have any, to which his face turned from shock to disgust in a matter of seconds. This was back in the two kid days. Now I have broken down and I use paper plates. I cringe every night as I look up at my cobalt blue plates sitting in the cupboard so lonely and wanting to be used. It is all for the better, less dishes to be washed...more time for other must do things.

Actually the job of dishes is relegated to my boys. Blake has just joined this elete group. He is none to happy.  I am none to happy. It takes FOREVER for him to do the dishes.

Plus, will you look at this. I ask you is this boy trying to send me to an institution?

He is unloading the dishwasher. Great! but do we really need every drawer and cupboard open?

" Yes Mom, I do." says Blake. "I am trying to be organized." I think he is just channeling my brother Todd who would open all the cupboards and drawers when it was my turn for dishes. He did this to get my goat. Which he did every time. It all comes full circle.

Yes, I know the kitchen island is a mess. I despise kitchen islands. They work in theory , but they just become catch alls. Which also drives me batty! I have some issues, but really, the drawers???

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so funny! It would drive me crazy, too! I know exactly what you mean about it taking them forever to unload the dishes. I had Ben do it the other day and I had to leave the room, it was taking so long and if I stayed I would have been nagging. Then he couldn't reach the upper cupboards to put away the glasses and plates, so I ended up doing those.

Brossettelewis said...

This is why I am drawn to you most! I could have written that post. I don't do paper plates either. I think you waste less overall without. The picture makes me cringe...just leave them shut Blake...too much visual/spacial going on.

Suzie Soda said...

This kitchen has so any drawers....I expected less because you said the house was so much smaller.
Hooray for that...more drawers to keep straight :)

-
-
- -
- -
-