- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, September 2

School

School starts tomorrow and the question is," Am I ready?" and the answer is," NO." Too bad it has to start sometime. I know what we are doing and we will get the ball rolling, but I still have boxes and cupboards to organize. I think I needed a couple more weeks.


Jack starts band at the middle school and a Algebra class at a alternative school. He is very excited about the trumpet. I am too actually. It is rather noisy now, quite a bit loud, and out of control, but I loved band when I was in Jr. High. I think he will love it too. It kind of is my first time sending a kid off to public school. It is just one class and he is twelve. Still, I am nervous for him......AND ME!

He tested into 7th grade algebra which leaves me feeling some what vindicated. I know there are many that think home schooling is not a great way to go, but I feel that we are making great strides. We will see how he does.

Book of Mormon is on tap first thing in the morning and then on to piano practice and reading. We will then move onto spelling, vocab and penmanship. Wed. is our day for science labs and we will start with Astronomy. It should be fun. Math for Sam and Blake will round out the day! won't they be happy:)

We have a kick off picnic with the home school group. I am looking forward to meeting other families here on the Island that home school. It doesn't always mean you will find a match, but it is good to find others with similar ideas.

Skip was able to give us each a special blessing for back to school. Not to be left out Claire had one too. She beamed with delight. When she got down from the chair she gave her Dad a hug and said," I feel really special." Super cute. Sam left sticky notes on all our doors with hearts and messages of love. Wonderful! I am so glad to have the blessing of the Priesthood in our home. The boys are too.

So off to bed and hopefully no hiccups to wake me up tonight. Last night was really strange being waken up by hiccups. Really weird. That was a first.

2 comments:

ShelleyG said...

Sound like your year is off and running. we are getting in the groove of school here too. I think music is so good for kids. I know your kids play piano, but there is something really fun about playing in a band or orchestra that I loved too. Enjoy!

Suzie Soda said...

Good Luck with all of it. We have beautiful fall weather and I am loving it. It seems like time for school to start even though I don't have any kids going. But my grandkids are. I love to hear the band practicing at Godwin for the football games when I go out in the evening.Memories. xoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-